If you are seeking to SEO enhance your business listing in any online directory, namely Google Places, Local Yahoo, and Bing Business Portal, here some useful tips that will help you gain better ranking on the SERPs.
- First, make sure that you have complete all of the text boxes on your local listing. Be sure to give all the details that are required and fill out any further information fields.
- Categories are very significant as well – be sure to add some of your keywords you wish to target when ever you can find a category match.
- Add a Geo-modifier to the business description
- Make the description easy to read i.e. make it interesting and add some kind of “call to action”
- Be sure to utilize any further details fields. This is when you can include a few of your keywords. But be warned – keyword stuffing will be heavily penalized, make sure that you don’t just simply string keywords together, but rather write naturally so that the keywords are used in context.
- Use one of the additional details fields to note all your served areas. This will help capture people searching with geo-modifiers key phrases that that include a city in your area.
- Try and group your products or services as it will give the web crawlers a better idea of what your business is about, this can normally be done in the additional details section.
- Encourage people to write reviews. This can be done by sending a survey email to your clients or facebook message to your followers, asking them to leave a review on your business page on the directories your are verified with. i.e. yelp.com
- Periodically add or revise content on your local business pages, this will keep your listing fresh and active, that will help the SEO value of your listing.
Above all keep in mind these three principles for local search: localism, relevancy and consistency. That is, keep your listings content; immediately apparent as to its location; keyword rich as to the product and services you provide; and accurate in its information across the multiple directories you have submitted it to. This all correctly applied will make the local search engines take notice of your business listing.
For further assistance on how to SEO enhance your business listings, then contact us at Smart Link in West Palm Beach, we’ll be happy to talk to you about your local listings SEO program.