A lot of companies have blogs that absolutely do not match their main website. They will use blogger.com or wordpress.com and have a blog offsite. The problem with using these sites is that you don’t have total control of your content. If you get a lot of traffic to your website wordpress.com may put ads on your blog. When they do put ads on your blog it will be related to your content. If they are related to your content, then you can be sure that the ads will be for a competitor.
The best way to host a company or business blog is to build your blog using the WordPress.org content management system and put it on a subfolder (i.e. yoursite.com/blog.)
Getting your company blog to match the look and feel of your existing website.
When skinning your blog to match the look and feel of your existing site, make sure all the navigation matches so that traffic from the blog can take visitors to your main site for more information or to make a purchase. Skinning the default WordPress theme can be a hassle for someone that is not familiar with WordPress. That is where we come in. We have a team of web designers at our Palm Beach Gardens, Florida office that can customize the WordPress blogging platform to match the exact look and feel of your WordPress site. We can make it look seamless.
Why would you want a company blog?
“I have heard clients say, why would I want a blog? What am I going to do with a blog? What is so special about a blog?”
By having a blog coexist with your original website you can enjoy these benefits:
- Easy to update without having to know any code.
- Write and hit “Publish.”
- The search engines love blogs.
- Each blog post is like having another page added to your website.
- People want to know more about your business. Use your blog to let visitors know about specials.
- Blogs can be auto posted to Twitter, Facebook and other social networks automatically.
- WordPress blogs have an automatic “pinging system” built into them. (What this means is that the blog knocks on the search engine’s door and says “Hey I have new content…look at me!”)
- I have seen blog posts get indexed by Google in 2 minutes and be on page one. Google loves fresh content.
You can also read more benefits about using WordPress in this post by SitePro News.
So if you are considering getting a blog for your business, give us a call. SmartLink is an internet marketing company that knows what it takes to get traffic to your website. More traffic means more customers.
SmartLink is an internet marketing and Search Marketing company located in the West Palm Beach, Florida area.