5 Things You Can Do Right Now To Get More Customers To Your Business
Here are 5 things you can do to your website right now to connect with customers for retention and gain new ones.
1. Blog – I can’t stress this enough. Every business should blog. People want to know about your company more than you think. Give them the experience of what it is like to cook an award-winning steak or what goes into your trademark Sunday. Stir curiosity and welcome comments. This is free feedback.
2. Put your phone number in TEXT on top of the site. – If you put your phone number in text, the search engines can read it and it will make it easier for a smartphone user to call you. Most smartphones have a click-to-call feature where they click a phone number and voila…you get a phone call. Plus this makes it easier for potential customer to call you. They don’t have to dig through your website to find a phone number.
3. Put links on your website to your social networks. Get the customer to “like” or “follow” you. More than ever people are checking their Facebook in the morning before their email. Send out a tweet or Facebook post about your specials and include a link back to your site for more information. Offer a special coupon to your Facebook followers. It’s the easiest way to get people to spread the word about your business.
4. Make a simple video about your business. It does not have to be professional. This is where a local business can compete with the “big boys.” In order for a big business to post a YouTube video it probably has to go through 10 lawyers and weeks of marketing agencies. Meanwhile you can make a very simple video about your business and target people in your area easily with YouTube. Ever notice how YouTube videos show up in the search engine results pages at times?
5. Get your business in directories including Google Maps. Since October of 2010, Google has been putting an emphasis on local search results. You may notice that maps show up on the top of search results for local businesses. This is another way that local businesses can compete with the big boys. Again, it will probably take big business 10 lawyers to come up with a strategy to get on Google Maps while you are eating them up alive with Google Maps.
If you have any questions about these tips, give us a call now. 561-688-8155 – If you are using a SmartPhone, all you have to do is click on the number.